Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Hat Making Chaos.

I'm feeling worn out after a fairly chaotic day in class. First the people that were supposed to come and run sessions of kids athletics type activities cancelled because the conditions were too wet. So suddenly all my excited children had to be found alternative tasks to do. For the rest of the day the children have been making their Easter hats based on their own elaborate designs. Usually they make them at home or rather their mums make the hats so it was decided that it would be fairer if they made them in school. My classroom has felt like a sea of card and tissue paper while I have been juggling all the children not making a hat at that moment. And still 5 hats to be made tomorrow morning. Despite the damp conditions I took most of them out into the Secret Garden to collect leaves to identify and draw in class. The clouds were down low as I drove home and I didn't feel like walking in this wet drizzle. So it will be some housework and an early night for me.

No comments: