Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 April 2011

One Job Leads To Another.

Looking out of my sparkling kitchen window it was obvious that the yard needed some work ie sweeping up leaves and putting away plant pots and gardening tools that had been left sitting there. Out I went, started sweeping and realised that first I ought to finish cutting back the honeysuckle and rose that climb vigorously up the front of the house. I had taken advantage of the builder's roof ladders last autumn and done the main part of the rose pruning but there were still branches to be cut on the other wall. So up my little 10ft ladder to chop away, then upstairs so I can do my hanging out of the window act though this year I didn't need to climb right out of the window. Annoyingly I still managed to knock off a few of the wisteria buds, it will be a week or 2 before that is flowering even though I've been driving past a house in town that has been covered with beautiful flowers for the last few weeks. After clearing up all the cuttings I had time to sweep the yard before the rain came down. A bit of pulling up of weeds that had grown between the paving stones and a quick diversion to weed part of a flower bed was part of the trail of jobs that occured. It was quite mild but grey and wet for most of the day. Later I was able to get out in the light drizzle and start the job of picking dead leaves etc off the gravel of the raised bed. During the rainy spells I got all the edges of the puzzle done but it is too big for my liking. I was nearly at the point of packing it away but it was a present so I shall persevere. BTW our school OFSTED results were officially made public last week. We were told straight away but were only allowed to discuss it with colleagues. We got 'outstanding' which is the highest grade you can get which is especially good as last year they changed all the categories and made them harder to get. Now we don't have to worry that any day the phone call will come and send us all into a panic.

No comments: