Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Perfect Weather.

Kingcup on the pond.

Another wonderfully balmy day with the temp reaching 25C. I started the day scrubbing yet more stones outside, 2 bucketfuls to go and the job will be done. Jack came to visit and we sat by the pond watching the tadpoles and newts and saw the first damselfly of the season. It is very relaxing just watching all the wildlife around the pond. After some window cleaning I gave in to the hot weather and relaxed with a book up at the scree garden. I finished the day with some more weeding of the path around the pond and clearing away some dead growth from the hillside, (a change is as good as a rest). What a wonderful way to spend my holiday.
Bluebells in a shady corner of the garden.

3 comments:

Liz in PA said...

Hello Ruta~ I read your Blog every day......seldom comment.
But....I must tell you how much I enjoy your postings. You have such a lovely gift of explaining your gardens......and all of nature around you.
WONDERFUL!
Wishing you a wonderful EASTER HOLIDAY!
Liz in Pennsylvania

Ruta M. said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for your kind comment. It's always nice to know what people think.
Really I'm just a chatterbox who likes to share the beauty of this glorious Devon countryside and sometimes grumble on about my life.
Have a good Easter.

happyone said...

We had one of those day yesterday.
They are a joy.