Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 April 2011

Wedding Celebrations.

After an initial chilly start we had a lovely hot sunny day which was perfect for our 'wedding celebration'. The morning was taken up with rehearsing and making lots of tissue paper flowers to decorate the tables and the wedding arch. The children all wore party clothes in red, white & blue (mostly) and looked very festive out in the sunshine. In the afternoon excitement was high as parents gathered to watch the 'wedding' , share a celebration tea and watch some dances. There were so many parents and families present that it wasn't possible for my team of gymnasts to show their performance which is something they had put together at playtimes so I've promised them that they can do a special performance for the whole school as soon as possible. Here the bride and groom, accompanied by the vicar (in black), are signing the register under the watchful eye of the registrar. Children from my class were the parents of the bride and the 'mother-of-the-bride' cried theatrically as instructed and the 'father-of-the-bride' stood on a chair to give a speech after the wedding tea.
The aftermath of the tea. Most of the children were playing in the field or had gone home exhausted. Hopefully it will be a day that they will remember. Now we all get a day off tomorrow in honour of the official wedding.

1 comment:

Liz in PA said...

Just so special for you Ruta to have the children put on their own pretend wedding to celebrate the Real Wedding of William & Kate!

YES YES - I plan to be up at 4am here in Pennsylvania to watch on TV the ROYAL WEDDING! So much excitement! And the beauty and pagentry - just fascinates me.

Now I am giving away my age.......but as a child I do remember seeing Queen Elizabeth marry Prince Philip!!! Of course it was all Black & White TV way back then!

Then of course watching the lovely Diana marry Charles......totally blew me away......with her lovely gown and all the wedding party on the Balconly waving to the crowds.

I best get to bed and sleep a few hours . soon the clock will strike!

Thank you Ruta for your writings on your Blog. It's enjoyable to learn the differences in your schools compared to the U.S.
And your love of gardening and the outdoors and nature......
You seem to have endless energy!
That's what I need......SUNSHINE and ENERGY!

Liz in Pennsylvania