Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Aargh.

After Peter got the Internet back last night I spent ages writing up this post and I thought it had published but at that very point the Internet fell over again and now I find that it was all lost. Aargh.


Originally the post was titled Bargains And Not-bargains.


My not-bargain was a tin of special offer gloss paint from B&Q which was runny and did not produce a gloss finish. However it is fine for an undercoat and I was able to spruce up an old chair.


The bargains, on the other hand were numerous last night. After work I went back to B&Q to buy some more expensive gloss paint and filler for the windows and picked up some reduced neglected heather plants which will fill a few gaps. Then I dropped into the Co-Op on the way home. There I found some reduced items. A few moments later I noticed a member of staff going over to reduce goods even further to 75% off. Back on the shelf went my 50% off items and I stocked up on chicken quarters, bacon, sausages, free-range eggs, pork chops, pizzas and cherry cake for the freezer as well as pastrami, ham, cooked chicken and pate for Peter's lunches and a few other goodies. 3 bags of shopping and only the cottage cheese at full price.
I do dislike the way the shops start putting out their Christmas goods so early. It's still 3 weeks to Bonfire Night.
The cloud level was really low in the morning. Down in our valley I couldn't even see the vehicles parked at the stables next door, only their headlights. Yet though I spent an hour working in the scree garden my fleece was hardly damp. I must have been just below the cloud level. When I drove off to work at lunchtime it was wet enough to need the windscreen wipers on. I made the mistake of not wearing a jacket to work so got very wet when it rained heavily after work.

The cats know how to keep themselves warm.






No comments: