Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Rainbow !

This evening I brought down the newly painted shelves to the little space under the stairs. It took a while to sort out all the wires so that they now run under the carpet and don't just lie there in a tangled mess.
It has been a day of sunshine and wintry showers just as predicted. First thing this morning I had to run across the playground through a shower of hail. I spent the whole day teaching the Year 2 class and I'm still thrilled to be leaving school before 4.00. Driving home at 4.15 there were more showers so I stopped to take some photos of this rainbow. Looking closely at the picture I can see a hint of a second rainbow in the clouds. (The whole arc of the rainbow was visible but wouldn't fit in the shot.)

Arlington Court can be seen behind the rainbow with the hills of Exmoor in the distance.

Coming down our drive I could just see the rainbow disappearing behind the big beech tree.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Beautiful pictures. And yesterday's "last rose of summer" lovely. Thank you.