Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 October 2011

What A Change.

This morning it was misty once more as I drove in for a full day's work. My views of the sea were blocked by the low clouds that sat on the tops of all the hills. But by the afternoon it was roasting hot as we sat ouside watching the children playing. Not a cloud in the sky to block out the sun's rays.

An hour later as I travelled home, the clouds had started to roll in again.


Last night's failure of the Internet appears to have been a regional fault though our phone becomes dreaful in the rain. Last summer the BT engineer made a temporary fix but said that they need to replace the overhead line a mile away. That has not been done so it will only be a matter of time before it all fails again.


Having blogged first I'm now off out to do some more work in the scree garden and catch the last of the sun.





4 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta.....Your photographs are breath taking. Thank you for sharing your lovely countryside with all of us.

Would you take a moment, please, and explain your "scree" garden. My dictionary defines "scree" as a collection of stones. Did you plant this garden because of "a collection of stones"? Thanks. Harriet

happyone said...

Wonderful photos.
I noticed the turbine windmills in the distance. I love to watch them - so quiet and they remind me of aliens. They are HUGE!!! We were driving down the road and saw one of the blades on a truck!!

Ruta M. said...

Hi Harriet,
Yes my scree garden looks as if it is completely covered with stones ranging from 2cms to 50cms, with plants growing between them. I got all of the stones from the subsoil which I paid my neighbour to fill our damaged swimming pool with so that I could garden in it instead. This was from the foundations of his new house next door and the stone is a soft slate type of stone that is grey and orange. My neighbour also dumped rotted stable woodchip compost which I dug in and most of the plants got a little extra topsoil or compost when I planted them. I'm very happy with the effect and it didn't cost too much but was a lot of work. I love stones especially in the rain which we get a lot of all year round.

Ruta M. said...

Me again,
Check out my post for 21 November 2010 to see how the scree garden was made.