Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 October 2011

Weather Alert.

There was a weather alert this morning for heavy rain and possible flooding so my first job of the day was to go up and build my water diverters across the road and (possibly) dig a little ditch into my neighbour's field. That saves me the backbreaking task of raking up our dirt/gravel drive which slopes down to the house. It has been raining all day and the water has not come pouring down the drive so it obviously worked. So today was a good day to start clearing out cupboards in the kitchen. I started with the pull-out wire baskets which hold cleaning materials as well as anything else that got shoved in there, dogs' leads, saddle soap & hoof pick, chick crumbs and lawn seed. Those wire baskets are not a good storage solution and I have to keep most things in large ice cream tubs. Right now everything has been sorted and washed and is drying on the floor infront of the Rayburn. Hopefully now that I have thrown some stuff away and collated the rest the baskets will be tidier.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The red leaves are beautiful.