Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 October 2011

End of the Indian Summer.

That's it, the good weather has gone. This afternoon at school the temperature suddenly dropped about 10C and it felt as if it was about to rain. Driving home the cars coming in from the hills had their lights on and sure enough, once I got up into the hills I found the clouds had dropped to road level and the wind had swung to the north-east. This morning the sun was still shining as I cut back the climbing rose and the honeysuckle on the side of the house. It was melt or be scratched to pieces so I chose melting and protected myself with heavy clothing. Every autumn I cut back the rose to a bare framework and each summer it grows up to the gutters and is covered with scented blooms. I still need to cut back the branches over the porch but as it was raining when I got home I just cleared up the last of the leaves and branches that I had cut in the morning.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another day of rain here. The temperature was only 40F.
As always i really like the picture of your house!!