Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 October 2011

A Perfect Day.

Another perfect day. In every sense of the word. It is our wedding anniversary today, 35 years! I noticed that last year I had put 38 years but we were married in 1976 so I must have been having a stressed out teacher moment. I was treated to roses, chocolates and a neat little bonsai tree from Peter. I couldn't have asked for anything nicer.
The day was so beautiful that while Peter went off rowing with the gig club, Vytas and I went for a long walk to Bull Point and around Morte Point. It's such a sociable thing to do, to go for a long walk and simply chat and admire the scenery. I really enjoyed having that time with Vytas.


Being early in the day there weren't so many people around. We saw the seal in the big gully but no sign of any pup yet.

Walking helped us to build up an appetite as Peter had booked a table at the Station Inn for our favourite carvery. For a couple who almost never eat out we have been there an inordinate number of times this summer but our youngsters have appreciated the good and plentiful food.
Before going in to eat we sat outside enjoying the sunshine.
I hadn't noticed the alpacas on previous visits, just the Gloucester Old Spot pigs but today there were 5 or 6 ranging from black to brown to white. The meal as usual was excellent and when we got home all Vytas and I could do was sit outside with a cup of tea and read our books.


Eventually we roused ourselves enough to do a few jobs. Vytas mowed all the grass and collected a big basket of windfalls for me and I cleared the gutters at the back of the house, again. After Vytas left for his long drive home I realised that it was the perfect opportunity to oil the garden furniture so I set to work with my little brush. Then tomorrow I can put the chairs away as the weather is set to break by the evening.

No comments: