Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 October 2011

DIY Day.

More sun today. I had planned to get some work done in the garden but by the time I had finished all those 'I'll just do this first' jobs it was late afternoon. However, the final coat of gloss is on the toilet door and the doors to the back room (where tools and coats are dumped). I would have also finished squirting sealant around the upstairs windows on the west side of the house if I hadn't discovered that I had bought 1 white and 3 brown tubes of sealant instead of 4 white. I'm sure they were all in the same box on the shelf. Having cut the end off one I had to find other places for it and I'll take the other 2 back in the week.
I did get some washing hung out on the line and the t-shirts were almost dry when I brought them in.

The garden does not get much afternoon sun at this time of the year even when the sun is shinning so I had to take a chair out by Peter's car to be able to sit and read in the sunshine. I have prepared a curry for tonight using the reduced chicken, sauce and samosas I bought the other day and the chicken bones are simmering away to make a base for some soup for tomorrow.



Peter did his share of the DIY by replacing the jammed ball valve in the toilet cistern and repairing the broken overflow joint as well as replacing a broken light switch and a broken light fitting in our bathroom.

No comments: