Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 October 2011

A Quiet Day.

The clocks have changed an hour so we get an extra hour's lie-in in the morning and the nights draw in that much earlier. After a rainy morning the weather dried up and I was able to spend the afternoon weeding the veg plot. The sprouting broccoli is still sprouting and the buddlia cuttings I took last spring have done well. So I shall be able to replace the beautiful almost fluorescent purple bush that unaccountably died last spring. All the other varieties survived the same pruning regime but maybe the late cold snap was just too much for it.
I do not seem to have suffered any ill effect from yesterday's rowing though my stomach muscles are tingling. That's a good sign and hopefully rowing will improve my core strength.

No comments: