Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 October 2011

Early Start.

It was a bit of a shock to the system to be eating my breakfast looking out at the night sky. That's because I was on my way to a full day's teaching. On the up side, by the time I was in the car and driving into town the dawn was breaking and I was able to enjoy the subtle shades of grey and lavender with an occasional tinge of pink. I was a little aprehensive about today's class as it was the first time I had taught the reception children and due to our new single entry system some of them are not even 4 years old.

Previously the younger children would start in January but then would have the disadvantage of only 2 terms in the reception class. The British system is very inflexible and apart from children with specific special needs I have never heard of a child staying back a year though each year there are several older children who would have benefitted from learning in a more play based environment. That's my opinion anyway.

Anyway we had a good day though I did struggle to learn yet another 28 names. Most of the children started the day by calling me the name of our school administrator but I think they know who I am now.

It had got a bit warmer again but was overcast for the whole day. I stopped on my homeward journey to take a few pictures.
It's half-term now so a whole 10 days before I am back at work. Hooray.

No comments: