Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 October 2011

It's Friday.

Another warm and sunny day. I have had a lovely 2 days in a class which I don't usually teach. Being asked to plan 2 Art Days was just up my street and apart from a daily phonics lesson that's pretty much all we have been doing. I had a real sense of satisfaction when , this morning, the children who had made Dream catchers, dragged their mums into see them. The children made them from willow twigs which they cut in the Secret Garden and they used brightly coloured feathers, beads and crepe paper to decorate them. A highly successful activity. I had to fly out of school on the heels of the children to get up to the hospital for another physiotherapy session. The deep massages are slowly helping to free the nerves in my shoulder and I am making a real effort with my posture. While I waited I was surprised to hear the receptionist phoning someone to come in for for some acupuncture.
I got home in time to catch the very last rays of the sun lighting up the top end of the garden.


That daft hen is still sitting on nothing. I take her off every day so that she takes a drink and gets some exercise.


There are still plenty of flowers in the garden though many are beginning to look a bit bedraggled.


Technically a weed this lone dandelion shines cheerfully at me when I go to the hens' run. Good weather is forecast for the weekend so maybe I will get out into the garden. The physiotherapist groaned when I told him I planned to do lots of gardening but it has to be done.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Thank you Ruta. I read the post and believe you have created a very special garden. I like the idea of softening hard stone with flowing plants and shrubs. I am way beyond doing additional gardening. However, if I were to start again, I think I'd attempt a "scree" garden. I hoped you picked those raspberries they looked tasty. I agree, at this time of year even the humble weeds can bring pleasure.