Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Halfway To Jam.

It has been nice to spend a whole day at home. After finishing off those windows and little bits of sorting out my plan was to spend the day making blackcurrant jam. Once I had dug around in the freezer I found I had quite a few tubs of home grown blackcurrants to use up.
While the blackcurrants were defrosting and cooking down I spent a couple of hours in the garden, weeding and sweeping leaves round the scree garden. It had warmed up but I kept my hat pulled down low over my eyes as the midges were out and hungry. I was serenaded by a bold robin sitting in a tree on the edge of the drive. He looked very Christmassy with his festive red breast.

It was pleasant to be working outside but eventually my back had enough of working on my hands and knees and I came inside to push the cooked blackcurrants through a sieve. Nearly 3 hours later I had a large saucepan of pulp and a very sore hand. So I shall not be cooking it all up until tomorrow or even Saturday morning.

No comments: