Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Stay Indoors Weather.

I've spent most of the week-end with a headache and/or back ache. This could be because of the 'flu jab, general crumbling or a sinus infection that has been lurking since the beginning of term, or any combination of those. I am just so glad that I don't have lots of school work to do and with only the 2 of us at home I have been able to take things easy and dose myself up from my arsenal of pain killers. Peter went rowing yesterday but gave his Sunday row to someone who looked rather dissapointed at not getting a second row. With the low clouds, driving wind and rain lashing at the windows it has been real stay indoors weather. In a good moment yesterday I finished sealing the outside of the windows in the bedroom which did involve a little contortionism as I hung out of the windows. I also made another batch of apple puree to be made into fruit leather and added mashed bananas which I had bought cheaply. It was very cosy having a lie-in and watching the trees lashing back and forth. And now that the sitting room sort out is almost complete it is just the place to curl up on the sofa and watch the new TV with a cat on my lap. So life isn't too bad after all.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry you hear you're not feeling so good.
Good you were able to rest. Hope you're feeling fine again soon.