Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Sucker ?

Peter had a couple of holiday days so he has taken them to coincide with my holiday. This morning the weather was quite nice so we went for a walk down to Bull Point. It was warm enough for me to wear a bodywarmer over a vest t-shirt. Peter on the other hand was wearing a hoody and a jacket and was rather overheated by the end of our walk.
Out to sea we could see a rain shower but it moved off towards Wales.


We didn't tackle the steps down to Rockham Bay today but sat at the top to have our coffee. There were many holiday makers about enjoying this break in the weather.


Back home I got out the leaf blower vac which as I only use it for sucking up leaves should be called a sucker! It is heavy and noisy but it does get most of the leaves up. I find it much more satisfying to work quietly by hand leaving each section completely cleared but the size of the garden and my limited time does not make that possible. I will still have to go over the whole of the scree garden to remove the leaves that got stuck under the stones but I should get through it a lot more quickly. There are still millions more leaves up in the trees waiting to gently waft down onto the garden. They look very beautiful with their gold and orange colours but should I leave them the stones will turn black and the leaves will become a rotten mush.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sometimes it's hard to know what clothing to wear on a walk!
Beautiful pictures as always.

Harriet said...

Again your photographs are lovely. I can "see" myself walking.