Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Some Good, Some Bad.

We had some lovely sunshine this morning which gave me the chance to go outside and clear all the gutters at the back of the house as they had filled up with leaves again. Then I swept up more leaves at the scree garden. At the moment I am doing this on my hands and knees with a brush and pan, that way I can weed between the slabs at the same time, but now that the main bulk has been cleared I'll try using the leaf vacuum again. Maybe it will be good at getting the leaves off the stones. Then it was off to the hospital for more massaging from my lovely physiotherapist. He's pleased with my progress, ie no more dead finger but I have a lot of work to do to correct years of poor posture and get my back muscles loosened up.


Then it was time to head into town for coffee and a catch up with a friend. Today I had mango & passion fruit cheesecake with my cappuccino.


On the way in to town I noticed that the clouds were gathering filling the sky with lovely colours,


and interesting shapes. (That's Dartmoor on the horizon.) Then I realised they also were an indication of a lot of rain to come. And rain it did, luckily I had thrown a jacket into the car just in case my fluffy fleece wasn't enough. When we came out of Lindsay's cake shop it was pouring.

While I was in town I called in at the camera shop and was pleased to find my big Nikon ready to be collected after being repaired. I was not so pleased to find, after spending ages stitching back on my extra long strap which once again had been cut off, that it has come back even worse. The spot on the lens has gone but there are serious issues with the eye piece viewfinder. There is a scratch right in the middle of it and the picture does not sharpen up when you press the button. Even if my poor sight didn't force me to rely on the small viewfinder rather than the big screen I would still be livid that my expensive camera has been returned to me in such a state. Guess I'll be heading back to the shop soon. Luckily the staff in there are very helpful unlike in many shops so I won't have to psych myself up for a big confrontation.

To top off my day it looks as if my washing machine has gone kaput. I've tried twice to do the same lot of washing but all it does it get stuck halfway in the cycle and keep making wooshing noises for several hours. I've switched off the power and I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Best news of all, Linas phoned to say that he has got an IT job covering for maternity leave so he could be there for anything from 6 weeks to 6 months. He has a 2 week probationary period first but I am sure he will do well. At least it is a start.

No comments: