Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

All Grey.

It has felt like a very grey world today with almost total cloud cover but fortunately not too much rain. It was also surprisingly warm. I took these photos at 11.30 on my way into town.

I was teaching in the afternoon but went in early so that I could go to the Post Office. Normally my friendly postman takes any stamped mail but I wanted to send some documents to the Student Loan Company. This current loan was applied for last March for the academic year starting last September but the loan company is a shambles asking for different documents each time and then claiming that half the stuff we sent hadn't arrived. So now I am not taking any chances and will send everything as recorded mail. Luckily they did give Romas the basic loan but he is still due quite a bit more. They assure me that he should get it in 6-7 working days once they receive this final document but you never know.

While I was in town I bought a replacement iron at a charity shop for £4. The Rotary Club is the only charity shop that sells electrical equipment, all safety tested. I still wish I could buy a light weight non-steam iron as not having a tumble dryer I never need to use the steam. I ironed a sheet tonight and it worked fine but I did have to put Speedy outside as he was leaping on the sheet from one side with Patch attacking from the other and then Speedy tried to jump up and swat the actual iron.

Teaching was fun but tiring as I was on my own with 28 children. Tonight I have had to do some planning and preparing resources as I will be teaching all day tomorrow. Better have an early night.

No comments: