Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Simple Pleasures.

It was wild and windy today but not raining so I took myself down to Woolacombe to walk along the sands to Putsborough and back. The waves didn't look the 10-12ft that the weather man had said but the wind was so strong that not one surfer was attempting the messy waves. I togged up in full waterproof gear and strode off along the beach.


The wind was blowing a thick layer of foam along the tide line. For a while I simply admired it as I walked along but then I gave into temptation and paddled in the foam which at times came right to the tops of my wellies. Walking through the foam caused it to break off and be blown up the beach in random shaped blobs so I embraced my silly side and sent foam up in a veritable foamstorm. Arriving at Putsborough the cafe was sadly closed so I had to forgo my planned coffee but I sat on a bench and ate a biscuit while watching the waves roar in.

The wind was pushing me along on the way up so the return journey was a bit more of a struggle.


There were few people out today and the weather buoy had been removed by something with tank tracks.

I had felt a little overdressed with all my clothing when I walked along the beach but sitting out on the clifftop at the end of my walk I was glad of every single layer. The wind was so strong it was hard to stand up and it felt quite icy.



On my way home I finally got a chance to photograph some of the herd of Highland cattle that live in the fields. There is only one place to stop and it is rather muddy so I took this photo through the car window. I'll try again another time as it is a large herd with some cute calves as well.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Loved all your photos!!
Sounds like a great walk. I know so well how nice it is to wear layers when out walking!!!