Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Golden Light.

My reward today for getting up early and driving off to work before sunrise was to see the dawn come creeping up. I stopped at the same place as yesterday but it was a bit too dark to capture the mist that was sitting on the fields. The day itself turned out bright but I was rushing around all day long; year assembly, lunchtime staff meeting and a whole day's teaching, and didn't get a chance to appreciate the lovely weather.
It was so sunny on my homeward journey that I drove along with my car window open and my sunglasses on. The sun was casting a deep golden light over the landscape though our valley was all gloomy in the shade as usual. (Highlighting the importance of location when you live in a hilly area.)


Seeing a beautiful sunset or the golden light makes the journey home such a pleasure though I have spent many , many hours crammed on the tube staring at the back of people's heads or cycling between lorries on the city roads travelling to work in London. I am so glad that we chose to leave all that behind. And for a bonus when I got home all the birds were singing in the trees around the garden.



2 comments:

happyone said...

What beautiful pictures through your day.

Harriet said...

Breathtaking photographs. Thank you...my husband says you have a good eye.