Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 January 2012

Sad.

Soon after Peter came home tonight I found Smudge outside with a badly broken leg. I scooped up Smudge, yelled for Peter and we drove straight down to the vets' in town. From there we had to make a phone call and drive to their other surgery on the other side of town. Sadly at his age, nearly 14, and being pretty decrepit there was no alternative but to have him put to sleep in my arms. Then we brought him home and he is now buried under the trees by the vegetable plot.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Smudge, Ruta. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Chris said...

I am very sorry. Smudge was so lucky to have you.

happyone said...

Oh Ruta I am so sorry. I know how much you loved Smudge. How lucky he was to have had such a happy life with you.

Domestic Executive said...

Oh no, that's terrible news. Poor smudge and poor you and Peter. I know you'll think of the good times though.