Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 January 2012

A Tale Of Two Hens.



I was sad this morning to find that the remaining 2 hens were missing. I had gone up to give them some scraps and there was not a sign of them. I checked the hen house and the nesting box and looked all around outside but - nothing. There were no tell tale piles of feathers around which might indicate that indicate that the neighbours' dogs or even our greedy cats had done the deed so I concluded that a fox had got in and spirited them away. It was a shame as I have only lost 1 hen before in all the years we have lived here. However I carried on doing some weeding in the grey but dry morning, serenaded by a cheeky robin. All too soon it was time to get ready for an afternoon of teaching. As I walked down the drive I peered up through the wire netting into the hen run, and there hiding behind a small tree at the very back of the run were those 2 hens. Perfectly hale & hearty and grubbing about in the dirt. Panic over.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like a story with a happy ending!