Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

It's Raining.

Rain, rain, rain all day long. It was far too wet to do any gardening so I spent the morning doing mundane things like tidying up. I also had a fun time planning another dance lesson for my Year 2 class. I am not naturally graceful or athletic and as a very tall child of average (not willowy) build I always felt I was more elephant than elegant. I had ballet lessons at primary school but as a teenager dance was not part of my world. Going to a few discos and later clubs doesn't really count. I did become part of a folk dance group, where I met Peter but that was it. Which is a shame because I would really love to go/have gone to classes but too many joints are crumbling now. So I know that I have little technique or experience but I have had great fun teaching children the basics of listening and responding to music and creating their own moves within a genre. This year with the Dance Festival coming up and our current school theme of 'Space' I am exploring street dance. Using YouTube to learn some basic steps and avid watching of Got to Dance I am sure we shall have fun and be able to come up with a Robots vs Aliens dance for the festival. I took these shots from the same spot as yesterday to show the even cloudier conditions.
At least it is still quite warm.

No comments: