Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 January 2012

Coldest Night.

Last night was the coldest night of the winter. It wasn't so bad down here in Devon but even so we had a frosty start to the day. Yesterday on our way back from Morthoe we had been passed by a gritter and been sprinkled with road salt but that was only on the main road. Our little country roads are never treated, we just have to drive very carefully. Coming home this evening Paul was out on his quad bike putting salt on the hill to prevent the black ice that stays all day in cold weather.
The ground was too cold for weeding so instead I got on with hoovering. That's an excellent way to get warm, by the time I was halfway through I had shed my 2 fleeces and was working in a t-shirt. Then off to school for the afternoon. It was bright and sunny and even felt quite warm.


No Monday staff meeting this week so I was able to drive home in the sun stopping near Ashelford Corner to take a few photos.


Back home the frost still lingered in those parts of the garden that were in the shade for most of the day.






1 comment:

happyone said...

Cold today here too. I even put off my morning walk a couple of hours because it was 11 Fahrenheit. That is -11 Celsius. I checked on a F to C converter.