Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 January 2012

Bramble Day.

It has been dry today so I have done a lot of work outside. My job plan consisted of one word - brambles and that's all I have been doing. Pulling up those blasted brambles that seem to get everywhere. I put on my extra thick gardening gloves to protect my hands but anyone who had been outside would have heard some very unladylike language. Mainly when my face got whipped by the blackcurrants and raspberries through which I was maneuvering to get to the brambles that had sprung up around them. There was also the occasional cry of triumph when a decent piece of root came up but all too often I would hear a snap indicating that the roots still remain lurking in the ground. There are still some brambles to be dealt with in the wilder parts of the garden but now I can continue to weed the planted areas. Will this be the year I get the whole garden weeded before spring? Probably not. Halfway through the afternoon I took a coffee break sitting in a sheltered spot and watching the clouds blowing across the blue sky.
Even when there aren't too many flowers around there is the sun lighting up the trees or the restful forms of stones to look at.


After my gardening session I thought I would relax by watching Black Swan while Peter was out at the gym. I had recorded it to watch over Christmas but a few people had seen it and the consensus was that it wouldn't suit everybody. Imagine my annoyance when the film started and I realised that it wasn't the dark drama Black Swan but The Black Swan a swashbuckling pirate adventure made in 1942. Change of plan and I lay on the floor doing my exercises keeping one eye on the latest version of The Borrowers instead.

No comments: