Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 January 2012

Weeding.

It has been almost sunny today. In the morning I caught up with some sleep while Peter went off for an early morning row. My afternoon was spent out in the garden happily weeding the rocky bank. I'm working on this first as it is mainly planted with different varieties of hardy geranium which will be flowering in spring covering the hillside with pink, purple, blue and white flowers. These are the ideal plants for this garden as they are hardy, slug resistant and grow well. If they were growing in proper soil I would be able to chop them back after they finish flowering to encourage a second growth of flowers but it didn't happen when I tried it. Jack came over for a visit and we went down to look at the frogs (hidden) and frogspawn in the little pond. Elwen came and did her party trick of slurping up frogspawn. Thank goodness the cats are out at night as I hate to think what effect frogspawn has on a cat's digestion. Paul has set up a web cam so Jack can watch the local wild life and as well as a fox, a hare, a badger, a badger and a badger, Patch has been seen fishing for trout! I'm making good progress with the weeding and the end (for that section) is in sight. For a break I sat with my cuppa watching the clouds. During the week the wind has been blowing from the west but now it has veered round to a northerly wind. I suppose that means we will be getting some colder weather. As it is the weekend we have a wood fire burning merrily and Peter is cooking up a supper including fresh sprouting broccoli from the garden.

No comments: