Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 January 2012

Keeping Warm.

At last our wood burner is back in service. The doors have been virtually rebuilt, the T-piece at the base of the flue has been replaced and the back of the inside repaired. It was a much bigger job than we first envisaged. Tonight we have a log fire burning as the weather is getting a lot colder. This morning we had the first proper frost of the winter, no incentive to get up early on a Saturday.
This afternoon I wrapped up and got on with the weeding. The day was middling, neither sunny nor totally grey and as usual it looked a lot brighter when I got outside.



This bank beside the drive is now ready for spring. I shall simply work my way around the rest of the garden whenever possible.

Going to spend a nice warm evening watching a film in the warmth of the fire.

No comments: