Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 January 2012

Muddy Roads.

I had a moment of panic this morning when I heard the weather person give out a yellow warning for icy roads in Devon and Cornwall. I had to go out and check with a torch before Peter went off in his 4 wheel drive Rav possibly leaving me stranded at the bottom of our steep hill. But when I went out it was fairly mild and the road was clear. I didn't have such good luck coming home. The farmers have been out muck spreading and the road at the top of the drive is a sea of mud and slurry. As I slowed to turn the corner my little car slid gracefully across the road. Luckily the road was empty and I stopped before hitting the hedge. There has been a lot of blue sky today with fluffy clouds being blown along by the strong wind. But once again my journey home brought me under a big black cloud and I just managed to take a few pictures before the rain started falling.
Nothing else of note today as I have been teaching all day.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Mud can be just as slippery as ice!!
Beautiful sky pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I hit a fence last year in similar conditions ... right outside my house! Take care.