Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

36 Years.

It is our wedding anniversary today. We've been married for 36 years and together for over 40 years! Peter gave me this beautiful cream and pink orchid which matches our bedroom and a basket of exotic fruit. They were perfect presents as apart from the fat-free aspect of my diet I have not been feeling too good for a few days and the only thing I feel like eating is a little fruit. (Roll on Friday when hopefully this will all be sorted.) There were also some meringues and strawberries so maybe tomorrow I'll make myself a fat-free pavlova with strawberries and passion fruit. We will celebrate properly when I'm over the operation.
I had to work in the afternoon. I took my class to visit our local church. Some of them had never been in a church before so it was good to give them the experience. The present church building is hundreds of years old and there has been a church on the site for nearly a thousand years which I find impressive even if it doesn't really register with the children.

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! Congratulations and enjoy celebrating when you're feeling well again, in the meantime enjoy the delightful sight of the orchids and all the memories of the good times you've shared xx

Harriet said...

Ruta, Happy Anniversary and many more to come. Peter delivered to you a lovely gift. Something for your eyes to behold and something you can eat. I hope you are on the mend soon. Enjoyed reading about your students and the church. Take care.