Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Grey.

There is no mistaking that autumn is here. Leaves are changing colour and the lawns are covered with fallen leaves. It hasn't been raining today but the sky has been a dismal grey. There is a constant breeze but the temperature has been quite warm. Warm enough for me to have doors and windows open during the day. I'm a bit of a fresh air fiend and love to think of all the household smells being blown right away. All was fine until 2 doggy faces appeared at the conservatory door sending Speedy, who had been sitting on my lap, into a blind panic. The cats are OK with visiting dogs but Neville chases the cats so they don't take any chances.
I've had another lazy day. Mainly because I didn't get any sleep last night. Loud snoring drove me from my bed until 5.00 and I finally dropped off at 7.00. That's not a sensible sleep pattern. Perhaps next time I'll go and sleep in another room instead of sitting on the PC. Earplugs don't work and Peter has tried most remedies. All my helpful doctor could suggest was separate bedrooms. Usually I just go without sleep and then I'm tired enough to sleep through the noise the next night. It's always taken me several hours to get to sleep and I find it utterly infuriating that Peter puts his head down and is asleep in 30 seconds. And then snores!

2 comments:

happyone said...

I know exactly how you feel. Ken used to snore like that too. Years ago when he lost about 12 pounds the snoring stopped - now he rarely snores - only when he has a cold.

Ruta M. said...

Unfortunately I don't think that is the cause. Rowing keeps Peter quite trim and his snoring is most likely due to having his nose broken several times in his youth. (A bit of a wild lad.)