Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Sun & Showers.

It's been a day of hot sun and heavy showers. Perfect conditions to spotlight the stones in the raised bed under the sitting room windows. 
After a long peaceful time at home I had to go into town to do a few things. Even when I am working I only skim the edge of town but today I had to drive right through the built-up areas and once again I was reminded how  lucky I am to live in this peaceful valley. 
My first port of call was the doctors' surgery to pick up a form for work. I was not best pleased when I found that the surgery was closed and would only be opening for the 'flu jab clinic. I waited until they let all the clinic patients in, they were getting through them like a conveyor belt. Literally - roll your sleeve up in the corridor,  into the room for the jab and out again. Luckily someone came by who was able to find the correct form for me at the unattended 'Help Desk' so I was able to fill it in and send it of to work. Next stop was the post office. Once again I had to post a vital possession to Linas in Belfast. Unfortunately, despite phone calls, emails and even a photo I could not find the required tool in the chaos of Linas' belongings. But by then he had thought of some other things he needed so those were packed and are now on their way to him. 
Finally I called in at the supermarket. Even though I now have no restrictions on what I can eat my only treats were a pizza (reduced), some vegetable crisps and 2 individual gooseberry fools. When I got home I had a rather indulgent late lunch and a good rest.
In between showers it has been blazing hot. For a while the sun was lighting up the side of the back lawn by the stream. Caught in the bright light were many midges looking like golden fairies dancing in the sun. You can just see how such legends evolved as each darting creature was so bright the individual features could not be seen. Even as the sun went down the sky was filled with a golden light. Such a nice change from gloomy grey days.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've had a busy day darting here and there.
I love the stone picture. The stones looks so smooth.
The fairy picture is enchanting!