Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Showers.

I took my other class up to the church today and it was a very successful visit. We were lucky that the  morning's heavy showers cleared up though this evening the rain has come back with a vengeance. Also we had 6 extra helpers which meant that the children were in small groups as they wandered around the church counting the crosses and candles and drawing things which interested them. A lot of them were fascinated by this family group on the 18thC tomb of Sir Rodger Chichester. I was impressed by one little boy making a good job of reading the Latin inscription on a tombstone set in the floor.
The church has a large stone font with an elaborately carved lid that is raised with a rope which is a little unusual.
Coming back I had to tell 2 boys to keep behind me as we walked along while a 3rd boy told them, 'She's the teacher so she makes the rules.' We had a really good afternoon but all that walking , especially carrying a big bag with all the children's clipboards, first-aid kit and inhalers to and from the church took a real toll on my back. Then after school once I had printed off the photos for the class teachers to use in the follow-up lessons, I walked into town to choose 8 books from the library. I was feeling really worn out by the time I walked back. I made one more stop before heading for home and that was to the Co-Op where I was in time for the final, final reductions and saving 50-75% on pizzas, doughballs, houmos and other treats, cheered me up. 
So now my bag is packed, plus an extra one in case they keep me in longer and I'm so ready for that operation. I still have no appetite which is very strange but I did make myself eat a banana this morning. If scientists could isolate whatever is causing this lack of desire for food (without the unwell feeling), they could make a fortune in the slimming industry.

No comments: