Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 October 2012

Dark.

This morning when I got up it was ....dark! A shock to the system on a Monday morning. I thought I would be efficient and take up the rubbish as I went to work instead of having to do it in the evening. There I was enjoying the quiet of the countryside when suddenly I heard some mooing. I looked up to see this group of calves running towards me. (I think these are the same ones that were in a little field down the road a few weeks ago.) Hoping for food they were brave enough to come almost within touching distance though when I did stroke one on the nose panic ensued. It brought a smile to my face to talk to these silly creatures for a while before starting what would prove to be a hectic day.
It was not one of my usual classes so as well as trying to remember the children's names there was the rush of setting up the week's activities and organising the resources for the day. The teacher in the parallel class was also off today but he had a good excuse. His wife had their third baby at home yesterday. A 9lb 10oz boy, ouch! The supply teacher brought in to teach his class was new to the school and I had to quickly copy all my planning and run through things with her so that the children didn't miss out on the week's lessons. One advantage of such a busy day is that before you know it it is 3.30 and time to send the children home. 
It has been very warm again today, there were a few spits of rain in the afternoon which stopped suddenly and left us feeling quite hot but when I drove home I could see there had been some heavy rain up here in the hills.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It's dark now when I start out on my morning walks now too!!
It must have been nice to see the young cows. : )