Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 October 2012

Sun & Rain.

We've had some rain today but not enough to cause the stream to back up. I went over to talk to Paul, not to take him to task over that wall which he insists had nothing to do with the water rising so much, Duh! I just went to suggest that he removed the wire fencing that crosses the stream at our boundary. They only put it back up when the 2 elderly ponies would sometimes wander into our garden by walking up the stream but that area is no longer used for grazing. At the moment it has caught a lot of debris and I explained that I couldn't clear it myself as I had recent surgery. I also asked him if, when he clears the silt out of his silt trap (which in itself causes a lot of blockage as branches get caught across the 2 pipes he put in), he could clear the silt from the stream back to our boundary. We have a land drain and the outflow from the septic tank feeding into the stream which used to be 2ft deeper but now they are in danger of being silted over. Apart from freeing the outflow from the silt I have tried to rest today as all of yesterday's exertions have left me with a lot of twinges especially where the hernia was repaired.  
I had a nice surprise this afternoon. Somewhere along the line I have lost a day and it wasn't until the lunchtime weather forecast that I realised it was Friday and not Thursday. So one less day of waiting for Vytas to visit. 
PS We found the frog in the kitchen last night. It was too feisty to risk getting the camera so I grabbed it and put it outside before it could wriggle free.
PPS Just been watching the news, 35 flood warnings in Scotland and one village in Fife had 2ft of water rushing down a road washing away part of the road and half of somebody's house. Puts our little drama in perspective.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Well, Ruta, you've had your hands full. Hoping you rest, relax and enjoy your son.