Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Sunny.

The sun was out for most of the day. But then we had a torrential downpour just as my class had their coats on ready to go out for playtime. 
I had a good morning at home getting on with the hoovering and cleaning so that I can take a bit of a break after tomorrow. I also made a batch of flapjacks for Peter. I still have no appetite at all which is an amazing feeling. I did eat a papaya this evening as it probably isn't good to not eat anything at all. I've been drinking lots of tea and decaff coffee so I'm not worried about the fluids.
Today I had my first afternoon teaching the youngest children. They are so small and some of them seem really young. One little lad sat next to me and told me that another girl was his 'girlfriend'. I did try to steer him in the direction of  'all the girls are your friends,' when he interrupted me to say that he used to have 3 girlfriends but he dumped some of them. And this is from a 4 year old! I had a great time working with small groups of children playing with clay and eventually making clay hedgehogs. They did have a tendency to want to flatten their hedgehogs so that they looked like road-kill but in the end we had some interesting alive looking hedgehogs.
The sun was back out this evening lighting up the pond which has refilled nicely after all the rain.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Had a bit of a giggle with you describing the children's hedgehogs as road kill. : )

Only four!? He must have older brothers!!