Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 October 2012

Grey & Cold.

Today there was a definite chill to the air and the frequent light showers felt as if they were at the point of turning into sleet.
In the morning I loaded up the car and took more junk down to the recycling centre. Things have changed a little since the last time I was there and they no longer have the big compactor for general rubbish. Apparently people were not separating out the recyclable stuff so now they only take sorted items. I was able to get rid of the small electrical junk and metal bits but had to bring home one bag of rubbish which I will leave out for our general roadside rubbish collection. I also got rid of 2 chairs from the kitchen. Despite repairs they were both quite rickety. One to the point where only the cat could safely sit on it and the other one was only suitable for light people who didn't wriggle too much. We still have 6 chairs around the kitchen table and an oak bench that seats 2/3 so we won't miss those 2 chairs. 
Later in the afternoon the postman brought me the cheque I had won simply by asking for an insurance quote. Although it was a reputable company I had still wondered if the cheque really would arrive or would it simply be something like money off vouchers if I took up their insurance. It's enough to go towards a holiday next year, that will be something to look forward to.

No comments: