Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Warm.

It has been exceptionally warm again today. Overcast for most of the time, right up until late afternoon when some patches of blue appeared. It felt as warm as any summer's day but the changing leaves on the beech trees showed that autumn is truly here. 
I have continued on with the job of sorting out the junk in our back room. It is part of my thrifty nature that I cannot simply throw  away the tubs of oddments but instead pick out all the nails, screws & bolts because you never know, they might come in useful one day. I'm slowly making headway and there is a pile of old wires & useless electrical stuff that Peter has okayed to chuck. Now all I need to do is get him to go through all the plumbing oddments because I'm sure most of that can go too. He did give away a load of useful bits to a plumber friend and all we need to keep are enough spares for essential repairs. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Such beautiful colors.
A warm summer day here too with lots of sunshine.