Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Sunny.

Everything in the garden is very wet underfoot but the day has been sunny and warm with some breeze. Nice enough to hang some sheets outside.
I must has overdone things a bit yesterday which resulted in not a very good night but while Peter was out rowing I couldn't resist doing some garden work. It wasn't too hard to cut back one of the stands of purple loosestrife. The hardest part of the job was dragging the 7ft stems up the drive to the rough ground and avoiding the midges under the trees.
That job done and the washing hung up I washed my hair and settled down to enjoy the sun. I did have to keep chasing the sun around the front yard but it was worth it to sit out in shorts and soak up a little more vitamin D. 
Squeaky found herself a sunny spot though later she settled on my lap. When I finally lost the sun I came inside for some ironing. I watch Ice Road Truckers as I iron because it doesn't matter if I don't see all of it, though I did spot an error in the subtitles when 'your' was used instead of 'you're'. I've seen that a lot recently, one of those errors that won't be picked up by spell-checker. I've been watching the South America series and the scenery is spectacular and scary while the ironing helps me ignore the overly dramatic commentary. This evening we'll watch last night's Strictly followed by the results. This is the time of year we become ballroom dancing experts, or at least pretend to be.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Squeaky found a wonderful place to soak up the sun. Such a pretty blue color.

happyone said...

Ah Squeaky the circus cat! : )