Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Overcast.

Today has been overcast but almost completely dry. A contrast indeed to the conditions in America right now. A sure sign of climate change, we can only hope that the global weather does not continue to deteriorate in this extreme fashion. We have been here nearly 30 years and for the first 17 years we only ever had a day or 2 of snow each winter but each of last few years have seen us snowed in with snow on the ground for several weeks at a time. 
I spent most of the day in town but I did manage to get an awful lot done. Best of all I had coffee with my friend at our usual spot and it was great to catch up on all our news as we haven't got together for quite a while. I also posted several parcels, visited the bank and took back all my library books. As I had paid for all day parking I checked out the charity shops and some of the clothes shops. I don't actually need anything but it doesn't hurt to look. Somehow I always end up looking for fluffy fleece tops, a bit of a weakness of mine. I was drawn to an oversize top in one shop but as it was more than 3x the price of fleeces elsewhere it soon went back on the rail. I did try on a fleece in another shop but it wasn't quite right. Finally I found just what I wanted in Next but not in my size in the right colour. Fortunately I was able to order the size I wanted and it will be there this weekend. After all that shopping I went to the Barnstaple recycling centre and got rid of another car load of metal and stuff. I had also been able to sort out a couple of bags of tools to give to a charity shop. I love clearing out stuff.  
On my way home I stopped on the drive to take some photos of a low flying plane when I spotted a buzzard up in a tree.
Apologies for what the buzzard is doing (his comment on would be nature photographers perhaps?) but of all the photos I took from across the field this was the only one that was clear enough to be enlarged. 
Once home it was time to relax with a pain  au chocolat and the latest episode of Downton Abbey. I'm not usually a fan of period drama but this is so well done that it's a must for me. 
Keep safe everybody.

No comments: