Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 October 2012

Sun & Showers.

All day I've been watching the news and my thoughts go out to everyone in America facing this dreadful storm. I may complain about the miserable weather here in the UK but we never have extreme weather. Keep safe all of you.
Here we had a slight improvement in the weather and by the afternoon the sun broke through between the light showers. 
I've had a busy day and got most of the floor of the back room cleared. I took the rubbish up to the road for tomorrow's collection and on my way back I spotted the end of a rainbow out towards Kentisbury.
Friends and family should be quite impressed with this view through to the old back door. Having moved a lot of stuff out of the back room I gave the carpet a clean and of course I couldn't stop there. The door got a wash but then I noticed, as I went out to wipe the windows from the outside, that the front door was quite grubby. A result of my summer of rest when only essential housework was done. After washing the front door I had to do the door frame and the other side of the door and the door into the kitchen and .... then I stopped. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Thanks for the concern. The rain has been coming down all day and my rain gauge says over 4 inches so far.
The winds have picked up too with gusts over 50 MPH.
There is flooding all over but no danger where my house is.
The worst of the storm in my area will be tonight.
Up at Happy Trails it is snowing!!!