Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 October 2012

Sunny.

It's been a beautiful day today. I didn't surface too early as I wasn't able to get to sleep last night. I can't say that I was in pain, only discomfort, thanks to the industrial strength Naproxen and co-codamol I have in my personal stash rather than the paracetamol and ibuprofen suggested by the hospital. There were lots of weird gurglings coming both from my innards as they adjusted to being freed from the adhesions and generally adjusted, and from the gas they pump into your body to make it easier for the surgeon to work. It's very odd to feel the gas shifting around when you lie down in bed. I've been quite lucky and not had much pain in my chest and shoulders, as happened to a friend's mother last week, just a slightly sore shoulder. 
Peter was off early to row. Last week there was a seal in the river, swimming around the 1st gig out on the water. As Peter and the rest of his crew mates were getting into the 2nd gig the seal came up onto the slipway, had a good look around and then flopped back into the water. Perhaps it was waiting for them to start fishing.
I did get up and do a few jobs while Peter was out but since he has been home he has been making sure that I have plenty of rest. I spent some of the morning in bed watching episodes of Grand Designs and sketching out ideas for our dream house but then the sun and warmth tempted me to go and read outside. With the temperature up in the 50's it was very pleasant to sit and read with the cats taking turns to sit on my lap. Squeaky in particular is really showing her age. I think of her as being a confused old lady. There isn't anything I can put my finger on but she does appear frail. It may sound mean but taking her to the vet would mean lots of tests and a massive bill even if they don't find anything at all which quite often happens. While she is active and eating well I shall just keep an eye on her. She has always loved getting right into bed with me (I know it's not hygienic) but right now that's completely out of the question. The other cats are not allowed in our room anyway as I don't want paw marks or cat hairs on our cream bedding.

No comments: