Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 October 2012

Mostly Dry.

Vytas arrived at 3.00 this morning. I wasn't staying up on purpose, honest. I had turned my light out at 2.00 but was still listening to the radio when I heard his car pull up. So down I went, made him a cup of tea and had a chat before we both headed off for bed.
Today we made use of his youthful strength and had him burying the water pipe in the stream and piling rocks on top of it. We keep it in the stream so that it doesn't freeze up in cold weather. He and Peter also screwed in proper fixings to hold the pipe against the house foundations. I've been keeping the kitchen tidy and making cups of tea as my contribution to the chores. 
All the outside work was completed before a final shower. Peter went off to row and Vytas and I have had lots of time to chat. I find it so exciting to think that soon he will be out in Australia with Sally on a year long working visit. A good reward for all his years of study.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Congratulations to Vytas. Glad you had a nice visit and jobs got done.