Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 September 2012

Chop, Chop.

Rain has been falling gently all day long. Peter went out early to row while I slept on. Later I couldn't let the rain defeat me so I put on a coat and had a good session in the garden chopping back plants. This is the start of the annual autumn clean up and today I cut down all the big crocosmia as well as the smaller clumps in the scree garden. Although it would be nice to keep the seed heads through the winter the leaves will quickly turn brown and look a real mess. Luckily the montbretia, the smaller semi-wild crocosmia, which grows in several areas of the garden, is a little more out of the way and can be left for the winter. The other plants that will need cutting back are still full of flowers, even the climbing roses are blooming so I will have to wait a few more weeks. 

No comments: