Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Busy.

I had planned a restful morning nursing my cold in bed but it was not to be. Instead a phone call at 7.20 had me flying out of bed and rushing off to work. The poor children had to put up with me coughing and croaking all day long. At lunchtime I popped out to the local garage to stock up on various throat pastilles which I then had to explain to the children were to help my poor throat (sweets are not allowed in school). The children were pretty well behaved and it was not until towards the end of the afternoon that I needed to be a bit firmer and had to resort to using some bells to get their attention. Generally I simply have to say 'Children' in a firm tone to get their attention.

On my way home I was looking out across the fields and enjoying the beautiful views when I turned a corner to find the road and verge crowded with horse boxes, 4WD vehicles and quad bikes. Aargh! We're back in the hunting season and all these happy people were out getting pleasure from killing an animal. I fixed a smile on my face and thought unkind thoughts as I drove past. 

But once home there was just enough sun for me to sit out for half an hour with a cup of tea and watch the bees and butterflies feasting on the sedum flowers. Behind me I could hear a tapping on an old willow tree, not a woodpecker but the much smaller nuthatch, a small grey and orange bird which runs up and down tree trunks searching for insects. It was so peaceful out there and a great way to unwind from a busy day.


No comments: