Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 September 2012

Clean Floors.

The weather has been quite convenient today. The morning was crisp and sunny, perfect for boosting my energy levels. Later it became overcast but still dry which was fine for work and my drive home and now it looks as if we may have some overnight rain. 
This morning I was finally able to give the kitchen floor a good wash. My men never got past a quick sweep with a broom and then only when the floor became 'crunchy' with all the mess they cleaned off the work tops. My revelation that there was a time when I mopped the kitchen floor every day was met with incomprehension and the thought that I am some sort of cleanliness freak which is far from the truth. I only try to keep things clean and often my place is grubby and messy though I am happier when I do succeed in having the place fairly tidy. Perhaps it is the legacy of my student days when I worked as a hospital cleaner.
The garden is still full of colour but in some places the carefully chosen palettes of pinks to purples and oranges to red have merged creating a colour clash.
 But in other areas the colours do compliment each other.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Lovely pink flowers.
I just feel better when things are neat and tidy, though I don't consider myself a neat freak either. : )