Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 September 2012

Windy.

Yesterday's rain continued until lunchtime. It was dry for the afternoon but very windy. The clouds were being blown so quickly across the sky that the occasional sunny spell lasted only a few minutes.
For once I was at home for the whole day so I was able to continue my gentle tidying up of the place. I thought I'd try a change to my fruit bread recipe and made gingerbread instead using more ground ginger and grated fresh ginger as well. I think next time I could add even more fresh ginger to give it a bit more bite.
By the end of the afternoon heavy rain started up once more. This morning's news had already shown flooding in some villages as the ground is saturated from our wet summer.  
The plumber did turn up eventually but he needs to buy a new valve for the cistern and won't be able to come back until Friday. It's a good thing we have several bathrooms.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love to watch clouds blow across the sky. : )