Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Blue Skies.

A lovely hot day today. A shame I had to spend most of the morning at work in a staff meeting. Even then I couldn't rush home to sit in the sun as Linas needed to do things in town and Bank of Mum was in service again as he needed money to buy an airline ticket. 'Cos he's off to Belfast on Saturday to stay with Shasleigh. It's all happening quickly because he has an interview there next week to get on to a graduate training program (banking/ finance). It's a great opportunity so we will be keeping our fingers crossed.
Actually Linas is not in our good books at the moment. He disappointed and upset me a great deal by informing me that I should stop going on about how I feel because 'it was only minor day surgery, get over it.' A 6" wound, being on the operating table for 2 hours and up to a year to fully recover do not count as minor surgery in my book. He also was a pain this evening by insisting on clicking away on his Blackberry while we were watching TV, something which annoys Peter intensely, and refused to either stop or go to another room. Result- cross words and we stopped watching our program altogether. Linas is now frantically packing and trying to work out what he will take on the plane, what will be posted and what will be left behind to be collected at a later date.
I did manage to spend some time sitting in the sun but I also got the mower out and cut some of the grass that had dried out. Once I started Linas did come and strim the banks which I have always found hard work. My back was not too happy with the mowing but the job needs doing.
My little Micra is no longer roaring away in a satisfying boy-race mode but now has a shiny new exhaust to replace the pipe that was hanging down. Only £15 for the labour but £52 for the parts.

No comments: