Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 September 2012

Autumn Colours.

It has been very mild today with quite a lot of sun and occasional soft showers. I spent the whole day at home, mostly slowly continuing with my tidying up mission. Today I got into one of the lower cupboards and sorted through my motley collection of plastic containers. I will admit to being a hoarder, not like those poor people you see on TV but of useful items which can be very varied in my case. For a start I was brought up in a home where money was scarce (and it was not so long after the war), so it is completely against my nature to throw away anything unless it is worn out, irreparable or not suitable for projects/school. I do know people who chuck out stuff as soon as they stop using it, often into the bin rather than the charity shops or the recycling centre at the dump and I guess they have really nice tidy houses but to me that is so wrong and it's bad for the planet too.  Our plastic box cupboard had gone a crazy, Peter cooks both breakfast and lunch at home and takes them in plastic containers to heat up at work and I know it drives him mad when he can't find box and lid to match. So today everything came out, got sorted and all the spare lids and a couple of lidless containers went in the bin. (Here they only recycle plastic drinks and milk bottles.) 
This afternoon the plumber came back and replaced the broken part that caused the leak in the bathroom so that is another job sorted. 

No comments: