Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 September 2012

Sunny.

Yes, it was actually sunny today. I was out doing some gardening, when a skein of geese flew noisily overhead and landed in Paul's lake. My gardening job was something I have been putting for a few years, that is digging up all the London Pride on the top terrace of the bank. Over the years it has been invaded by deep grass roots and the only thing to do is dig everything up, clear out the grass roots and then replant the London Pride. This is just the right time of year to do it and I don't have to bend too much. Not sure how long it is going to take as the London Pride has to sit in a bucket until I've cleared all the ground.
I was having a break when the postman arrived bearing a letter from the hospital - Yippee! Ah! I have to phone them to fix dates for the test and hopefully the op. How many weeks away will that be I wonder? Phoned straight away but the person I needed to speak to was at a meeting and could she phone me back. Waited for the rest of the afternoon where I could hear the house phone but nothing. I'll have to phone again tomorrow even though I'm in school all day. I'll have to excuse myself from my meeting to ring at 9.30 as this takes priority. 
Later I had to drive the rubbish up the hill for the fortnightly collection and saw sea mist rolling in from the north coast.

No comments: